Last updated: 10.10.2012
Sinn Entertainment Limited (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Sinn Entertainment Limited of 145-157 St. John Street, London, EC1V 4PW.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site http://www.sinnentertainment.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access or any other information which is reasonably collected by us in relation to the use of our website.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services, which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Sinn Entertainment Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sinn Entertainment Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
- The Website displays video content using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe uses Flash cookies (also known as Local Shared Objects) to help improve your experience as a user and save your preferences. Flash cookies are stored on your Device in much the same way as usual cookies, but your browser manages them differently. If you wish to disable or delete a Flash cookie, see Adobe Flashplayer Security Settings. Please bear in mind though, that if you disable Flash cookies for the Website you’ll be unable to access certain types of content on the Website, such as videos.
- We sometimes carry embedded “Like” and “Share” buttons to enable users of the Website to easily share articles through a number of popular social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. These sites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
- We also sometimes embed content from websites such as YouTube or Flickr. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from these websites you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily „Like“ or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
Twitter: _twitter_sess, guest_id, k, original_referer
Twitter place cookies which allow users of sinnentertainment*’s websites, who have already logged into Twitter, to quickly share information via the Twitter social network without having to log into Twitter again.
For further information refer to https://twitter.com/privacy
Facebook: fbm_ 368241456583577, fbsr_ 368241456583577, c_user, datr, locale
Facebook place cookies which allow users of sinnentertainment*’s websites, who have already logged into Facebook, to quickly share information via the Facebook social network without having to log into Facebook again.
Facebook uses these cookies to make the site easier to use, to personalise the user experience, to improve the ads that you see and to protect you from malicious activity.
For further information refer to http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
Google Analytics: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, utmz (Analytics)
We use analytics software to help analyse use of our website. These cookies enable us to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour, such as new visitor numbers, interactions and paths through our website, response to our marketing campaigns and browser usage, all in an anonymous form. This information is important to help us understand how people use our website, how our website is performing and to make it as easy to use and useful as possible. Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using any sinnentertainment* website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above
How do I disable cookies?
You can accept or stop cookies from being stored on your Device by modifying the settings in your browser. Please refer to your browser instructions or the “Help” function within your browser to show you how. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of the Website if cookies are disabled.
Further information about cookies
For more information about how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
The internet advertising industry has also produced a guide to online privacy and behavioural advertising, please see www.youronlinechoices.eu.